BSCB Working Together In Safeguarding Children (2 Day Event)
Date & Time:
Charges may apply to this training, please refer to the BSCB Charging policy for details
It is a requirement that before attending this course, ALL applicants must have completed Introductory/Basic Child Protection training e.g. single agency or e-learning.
You only need to attend EITHER this course or the BSCB Everyone’s Responsibility course. Please refer to the BSCB training pathway for further guidance.
To provide an Introduction to multi-agency working in order to explore the process of child protection investigations and the roles and responsibilities of individuals and agencies.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- List the roles and responsibilities of agencies involved in safeguarding
- Identify a number of factors that improve or impede multi-disciplinary working
- Describe the stages of a child protection investigation and their role
- Demonstrate how to contribute effectively to a Child Protection Conference
- Select the essential skills needed to carry out a Child Protection Plan as a member of a multi-disciplinary core group
- Recognise the importance of providing equal access to service users in relation to gender, language, class, religion and culture
Those who work predominantly with children, young people, parents/carers and who are operationally involved in / have particular responsibilities in contributing to or undertaking S47 enquiries; need to attend CP Conferences and Core Groups and /or have advisory, designated or specialist CP roles. Please note that this is a two day course.
|Adult Nursing home||0|
|Adult Residential Home||0|
|BCC - Adult Services||1|
|BCC - Children's Centre (non-school based)||0|
|BCC - Childrens Services||1|
|BCC - Commissioning Service (BCC Staff only)||1|
|BCC - Councillor||0|
|BCC - Other||1|
|BCC - YOS||1|
|Bucks Fire and Rescue Service||0|
|Charities / Voluntary Organisations (within Bucks)||0|
|Childrens Centre's (school based)||1|
|Education - Independent School||0|
|Education - School/Academy/Further Education||0|
|Health - Ambulance Service||0|
|Health - Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust||0|
|Health - Clinical Comissioning Groups||1|
|Health - GPs||1|
|Health - Hertfordshire NHS FT||0|
|Health - Oxfordshire Health NHS Foundation Trust||1|
|Probation Service - Community Rehabilitation Company||1|
|Probation Service - National Probation Service||1|
|Supported living (adults only)||0|
|Thames Valley Police||0|
Booking has now closed for this event.
For sat nav user the following postcode HP19 8DE