BSCP Everyone's Responsibility
Date & Time:
All training between September and December 2020 will now take place as virtual events.
The key points of switching from face to face to virtual training to make delegates aware of are as follows: -
- Please ensure your e-mail address within your user account is current and spelt correctly as this will be passed onto our training provider who will e-mail you directly (approx. 5 working days before the course start date) with the invitation containing the Zoom ID and password in order to access the course.
- Your e-mail address will only be passed onto the organisation commissioned to deliver the training.
- The platform that will be used to deliver virtual training is Zoom. Please ensure you have the most up to date Zoom App uploaded onto your device in advance of the training take place.
- The BSCP’s usual Charging and Cancellation Policy will apply (located on our website), however, there will be a reduction in fee to reflect no refreshments being provided and the loss of the “classroom” learning environment. For non-contributing agencies to the BSCP financially the charge will be £100.00 (usually £120.00) per delegate, per training day and for Voluntary/Charity organisations within Buckinghamshire the charge will be £50.00 (usually £60.00) per delegate, per training day.
- Whilst the course content will remain as publicised regardless of it being delivered as face to face or virtual training the way in which the course is delivered will differ, due to the environment.
- Delegates are expected to attend the course in full in order to receive their course certificate.
- The number of delegates on virtual courses will be slightly lower than our face to face events.
- In the event that a colleague needs to replace you on one of our virtual courses at short notice, please arrange for the replacement colleague to set up a user account ideally before the event and e-mail the training team to advise them of the change and confirm that a user account has been set up. Whilst we will make every effort to ensure the replacement delegate receives the Zoom invitation and notify the trainer of the change, we also suggest the original delegate passes the Zoom meeting ID and password onto their colleague. On the day of the event, please also ensure the replacement delegate makes the trainer aware at the start of the course of the change to avoid incurring a non-attendance charge for the original delegate.
- This is a new way of working for everyone including us! Please bear with us if there are any teething problems and feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com with any feedback, thank you.
Charges may apply to this training, please refer to the BSCP Charging policy for details
It is a requirement that before attending this course, ALL applicants must have completed Introductory/Basic Child Protection training e.g. single agency or e-learning.
You only need to attend EITHER this course or the BSCP Working Together in Safeguarding Children course.
This course will be delivered by Safeguarding Associates for Excellence (SAFE) https://safe-ltd.com/
The aim of this course is to provide a clear understanding of safeguarding and child protection for those in contact with children and young people. It seeks to provide you with a confidence in safeguarding and in doing so, protect children in your workplace or those you may come into contact with.
Some Key Outcomes:
Understand the implications of legislation, Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018, Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019, inter-agency policy and national guidance, including the function of the Safeguarding Children Partnership and Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews.
Identify thresholds and the meaning of significant harm.
Understanding a ‘Child Centred Approach’ and ‘Think Family’ to safeguarding.
Recognise the additional vulnerabilities of families where there is a disability.
Understand information sharing, and confidentiality and consent related to children and young people.
Understand the impact of parenting issues such as domestic violence and abuse (including honour- based violence), drug and alcohol misuse, mental health, neglect, self-harming and fabricated illness.
Identify the meaning of child exploitation.
Understand the additional risks around head injuries.
Explain the importance of good communication, recording skills and how to present safeguarding concerns verbally and in writing.
Understand Inter-Agency frameworks, roles and responsibilities and the child protection assessment processes.
To identify the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences and the Contextual Safeguarding approach.
Explore the meaning of restorative justice.
Know how to manage allegations of child abuse perpetrated by professionals, including escalation and Whistleblowing.
Identify the role of the Channel Panel under the Prevent Duty.
This course is for all staff who work in a variety of roles with children, young people and/or their parents/carers. It is particularly relevant for those who potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and/or evaluating the needs of a child or young person outlined in Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018) and Keeping Children Safe in Education (2019).
|Adult Nursing home||0|
|Adult Residential Home||0|
|BCC - Adult Services||1|
|BCC - Children's Centre (non-school based)||2|
|BCC - Childrens Services||5|
|BCC - Commissioning Service (BCC Staff only)||1|
|BCC - Councillor||0|
|BCC - Other||1|
|BCC - YOS||1|
|Bucks Fire and Rescue Service||0|
|Charities / Voluntary Organisations (within Bucks)||1|
|Childrens Centre's (school based)||1|
|Education - Independent School||1|
|Education - School/Academy/Further Education||6|
|Health - Ambulance Service||0|
|Health - Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust||2|
|Health - Clinical Comissioning Groups||1|
|Health - GPs||1|
|Health - Hertfordshire NHS FT||0|
|Health - Oxfordshire Health NHS Foundation Trust||1|
|Probation Service - Community Rehabilitation Company||1|
|Probation Service - National Probation Service||1|
|Supported living (adults only)||0|
|Thames Valley Police||1|