BSCP Working Together In Safeguarding Children (2 Day Event)
Date & Time:
Charges may apply to this training, please refer to the BSCP Charging policy for details
It is a requirement that before attending this course, ALL applicants must have completed Introductory/Basic Child Protection training e.g. single agency or e-learning.
You only need to attend EITHER this course or the BSCP Everyone’s Responsibility course.
The following information applies to education colleagues only: –
We have temporarily suspended online bookings for education staff due to the DSL training pathway being amended and the need to identify which DSL’s need to access the Working Together course as a priority. To register your interest in attending Working Together please contact Jackie Kelly on 01296 382912 stating which date you would like to attend. Please note the number of places per course are still restricted to ensure a multi-agency split, so you may not get your first choice of date.
This course will be delivered by Safeguarding Associates for Excellence (SAFE) https://safe-ltd.com/
To provide a multi-disciplinary course in order to explore the process of child protection and the roles and responsibilities of individuals and agencies.
Course Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of agencies involved in safeguarding children and young people
- Understand the key legislation and guidance that underpins safeguarding children and young people
- be able to identify, drawing on professional and clinical expertise, possible signs of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse or neglect including domestic abuse, sexual exploitation, grooming and exploitation to support and/or commit acts of terrorism (known as radicalisation), FGM, Forced Marriage, Honour Based Violence, modern slavery, gang and electronic media abuse
- Recognise the close links to serious harm to children and Domestic abuse in the household
- Understand the importance of a Child Centred Approach
- Recognise the importance of “Think Family” Approach throughout the safeguarding process
- Know what information to record and share for safeguarding referrals and the correct processes
- know how to contribute to, and make considered judgements about how to act to safeguard/protect a child or young person, including escalation and whistleblowing as part of this process
- Identify Local Safeguarding Policies and Procedures for Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership
Those who work predominantly with children, young people, parents/carers and who are operationally involved in / have particular responsibilities in contributing to or undertaking S47 enquiries; need to attend CP Conferences and Core Groups and /or have advisory, designated or specialist CP roles. Please note that this is a two day course.
|Adult Nursing home||0|
|Adult Residential Home||0|
|BCC - Adult Services||1|
|BCC - Children's Centre (non-school based)||0|
|BCC - Childrens Services||2|
|BCC - Commissioning Service (BCC Staff only)||1|
|BCC - Councillor||0|
|BCC - Other||1|
|BCC - YOS||0|
|Bucks Fire and Rescue Service||0|
|Charities / Voluntary Organisations (within Bucks)||0|
|Childrens Centre's (school based)||1|
|Education - Independent School||0|
|Education - School/Academy/Further Education||0|
|Health - Ambulance Service||0|
|Health - Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust||3|
|Health - Clinical Comissioning Groups||1|
|Health - GPs||0|
|Health - Hertfordshire NHS FT||0|
|Health - Oxfordshire Health NHS Foundation Trust||1|
|Probation Service - Community Rehabilitation Company||1|
|Probation Service - National Probation Service||1|
|Supported living (adults only)||0|
|Thames Valley Police||1|
Booking has now closed for this event.
Free parking on site